Saturday, August 10, 2013

Nostaligic food.. It really happens! Nutrigrain breakfast cereal!

When i was a kid, i ate lots of breakfast cereals for breakfast. Sustain, fruit loops, coco pops, corn flakes... Basically all of them! One of them was nutrigrain (iron man food haha!). It was one of my favourites. So yum.
But for some reason or another, we havent bought nutrigrain for yeeeeeears! Im talking over a decade maybe? Im not even sure why.
But today i got up for breakfast and realised one of the two breakfast cereal boxes in the cupboard was running low, so thats always an exciting time, cos then i means i get to go out the back where my mum and dad store the reserve boxes of breakfast cereal, the ones next in line to be eaten. And since i love breakfast cereal so much, i always take it upon myself to choose the next cereal. I love variety!
And today was great! There were about five boxes, each one different, so i got to choose which one i wanted. The third box i picked up was nutrigrain! It was an instant win :D i did look at the last two boxes, but it was a mere formality. It would have to be the rarest, yummiest cereal in the history of the world to beat nutrigrain this day. Unless it was like some american cereal ive never had before, but heard about, like captain crunch or something like that.
Well i took the nutrigrain and excitedly prepared my cereal. Poured in the milk and was about to eat it, when i looked down and... involuntarily paused and just looked at it. Just the sight of the nutrigrain, with its unique shape.
I was transported back to my childhood, no joke. Like a direct connection between childhood me, and present me. The pixar movie Ratatouille is one of my favourite movies, and one of my favourite scenes is when the food critic bites into the ratatouille and gets instantly transported to his childhood. I love that scene and it made an impression on me.
And now i experienced it. It was great.
And here is the sight that brought back my childhood memories :)
And guess what? It tasted delicious too. So satisfying and just what i wanted that morning. Although i must say the nutrigrain seems less brown than i remember. But still it was so good. Im looking forward to breakfast tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment