Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Vanilla Slice from Piatella

One of my workmates recommended this cafe to me and said the cakes were delicious! Id been meaning to try it for a while but never had the chance to until today. Outside the cafe is a sign that says 'still the greatest vanilla slice'.


When i saw that, i just knew i had to try it. So today i bought a vanilla slice from Piatella. Before that though, i had to choose between vanilla slice with icing sugar or vanilla slice with fondant!


First world problems are hard! :) in the end i asked the lovely lady serving me. She said both were very popular, and she personally liked the one with icing sugar. So i went with that one. I had it in a take away box, and went back to my car, so i could devour it.


Looks good doesnt it! :) i initially tried to use the supplied plastic knife and fork, but it just wasnt working for me. There are somethings that just taste better to me when i use my hands to eat them (like nutella crepes! Or any crepes! :))
So i put away the knife and fork and picked it up with my fingers. And chomped into it.


And it was divine! So delicious and satisfying. It sure is one of those foods that sends you to a happy place when you eat it.
One of the best vanilla slices ive had.  I can see why they proudly proclaim its greatness on the chalkboard. It really is great!
Piatella is at 88 Kingsway in Glen Waverley. Next to the entrance to the cinema part. There were other cakes there that looked amazing also, and there were macarons that looked so good too! Im looking forward to trying some other things here in the future :)



Piatella Cafè Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment